Honda Insight Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I tried to start my baby 2 weeks ago and received a lot of error messages.

IMA lights on.
Batteries lignts on.
Batteries gauges empty.
Check enging light on.
and finally Maintenance light on.

I notice that it was at like minus 20 celcius. My honda dealer reset my christmass tree for 65$!

Now 5 days ago, it came back again. But this time I waited a few hours to get the temperature a little bit higher. at -5, Everything was working fine except a check engine light.

Does Anyone experieced a similar situation?

Btw, honda allready changed my Batteries pack, computers and electrical engine at 80 000 Km and im now at 154 000Km ( yep 6 000km close to the end of my extended warranty)

·
Registered
133 Posts
Have you checked your 12V battery? This means performing a load test with a battery tester, which many auto parts stores will do for free (because they want to sell you a new one). Just measuring the voltage is not helpful.

Many 12V batteries die prematurely on Insights due to lack of use.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I did not suspect the batteries since the engine still start(with the starter not the IMA) but I will have a look for sure.

the only problem is the temperature....now for some polutions factors, its like -1 instead of normal -20 to -30.

·
Registered
364 Posts
12vdc Batt

Hi Fatp,
I did have an experience like yours. In my case, I keyed the car on and the dash lit up, just like yours. Also, engine wouldn't turn over, strange. Charged the battery and checked it, it was dead, but after charging it checked fine. In this case, I had left the rear interior light on, must have bumped the switch.

Anyway, what the guys are telling you here is most likely the cause. Something to do with the 12v batt. Ground connections are just as important too. Also, cold will have more of an effect on a deteriorating 12 v batt. Hope this helps. Jack

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Its the second day in a row with a minus 15-20 and guess what? Same problem. I will call the dealer to have them look at my batteries... but my main concern is my IMA light that is on and no light in my IMA batteries gaudge. I was cruising at my job and click, no radio, no light, no AC/Heater, no power steering...kinda freaking when it happend.

I will post the if the batterie is the problem.

Btw, last time it happend to me (3 years ago), My electric engine was overproducing and busted.

I hope its not the case this time.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Honda as decided to change my computers again...
so you can close this topic

1 - 7 of 7 Posts