Honda Insight Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My girlfirend told me to pick out a mp3 player for my birthday so I started checking out the stuff on ebay. I got a Aireo player and it works pretty well in the insight. The cool thing about it is that it is wireless. It has a built in FM transmitter. I was afraid that there would be too much electrical noise from the insight's power electronics, but it is not the case. It also has wireless networking for transferring files, but I just use the usb cable. Compared to other players, it is not as good, but the wireless capability is key. I just thought I'd spread the word in case anyone else is looking to put an mp3 player in their insight.

Hunter

·
Registered
303 Posts
Another data point...

I use a wireless FM transmitter with my iPod in the Insight...no issues. Sometimes it transmits better from the cupholders than the Timbuk2 iPod holder I have velcro'ed to the sun visor.

·
Registered
225 Posts
same here. I use an iPod with the Griffin iTrip transmitter. There's some noticable staic when its quiet but nothing worse than the background noise you hear when listening to any FM station.

I used the same in my previous car, a 99 Ford Ranger, with the same results. a little background noise but nothing major.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts