Honda Insight Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
3,641 Posts

·
Registered
4,007 Posts
That's a sweet ride... 12k rpm red line? Yes please.

·
Registered
4,007 Posts

·
Registered
1,546 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Very cool but the high rpm of a motorcycle engine would be a hoot. I agree this blue one would be more drivable

·
Super Moderator
4,730 Posts
That's a really cool car. Sounds like F1.
No! It sounds better than any F1 car. Since they went to the lower RPM turbo cars they sound like crap. Diesel trucks sound better.

Sam

·
Registered
1,231 Posts
i'm not sure what everyone's fascination with bike engines in cars is these days, the motorcycle tranny has got to hate it's life powershifting a car 5 times the weight of a bike and single passenger. most 4 cylinder bike engines also don't make a whole lot of torque and only really start generating anything above 6k RPMs. yeah they are different, but also impractical considering all the other choices one could have done.

the V6 turbo honda is cool, and it's correct wheel drive. to that one i give a thumbs up.

·
Registered
464 Posts
That is INSANELY cool! I had a smile on my face through the entire video.

·
Premium Member
1,751 Posts
i'm not sure what everyone's fascination with bike engines in cars is these days, the motorcycle tranny has got to hate it's life powershifting a car 5 times the weight of a bike and single passenger. most 4 cylinder bike engines also don't make a whole lot of torque and only really start generating anything above 6k RPMs. yeah they are different, but also impractical considering all the other choices one could have done.

the V6 turbo honda is cool, and it's correct wheel drive. to that one i give a thumbs up.
Everyone has different tastes.

·
Super Moderator
6,900 Posts
I think you have it right. Hi revving, low torque motorcycles wouldn't seem to make very practical car engines. Innovative folks create these novelties primarily for the sake of having a novelty. In this case, the thing can't even be used for competition except in maybe some "unlimited" class, but it is a very interesting novelty. I for one enjoyed watching the video.

Shame he screwed up a good Honda 600, which was probably worth twice what the resulting novelty is worth.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts