Honda Insight Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
324 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This would meet about 90% of my driving needs, now that I’ve retired. As long as we kept one ICE, that is...

·
Super Moderator
7,770 Posts
Never going to be sold in U.S. so doesn't matter. By U.S. driving standards and conditions the little Citroen is a death trap on the public roads. I wouldn't even consider that little coffin;)

·
Registered
296 Posts
OK just for the sake of discussion: I’ve noticed here in Portland as I drive around in my Insight looking for places to open it up that there aren’t many any more. Traffic has slowed down noticeably. Accidents happen, yes. But at slower speeds. When I was T-boned last June neither of us was going faster than 15. I’m sure Citroen has built a pretty safe box there. With a 40 mile range, this car will probably not see much freeway action. I would use one much as I use my bicycle or say a motor scooter. It is certainly safer than either of those.

·
Registered
324 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
That’s what I thought. Buzzing around the residential streets where our well-enforced speed limit is 25 mph. Going across town for groceries, or a few-mile trip to the hardware. It would be pretty cool. But, as mentioned, it’ll never be sold here, in the US.

Were I young, I’d consider one as a lure for eco-concerned tumbling partners!

·
Registered
296 Posts
In fact, i’ll bet that car catches on so fast it’ll make heads spin over here. We’ll have something just like it within three or four years if not sooner.

·
Registered
324 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
M
Ecochk magnet , that’s good! That could be the name for the step up sports model
Make it “EcoSweets” for Gender Neutralicity!

·
Registered
296 Posts
By the way, in the way back, say 1970 I remember a tiny car, the isetta I believe. The front of it opened up to its two seats. It was powered by, I think a 600 cc BMW boxer motorcycle engine. Couldn’t have been longer than 6 or 7 feet. If that was street legal then. It could happen again.

·
Registered
296 Posts
By the way, in the way back, say 1970 I remember a tiny car, the isetta I believe. The front of it opened up to its two seats. It was powered by, I think a 600 cc BMW boxer motorcycle engine. Couldn’t have been longer than 6 or 7 feet. If that was street legal then. It could happen again.

·
Registered
296 Posts
I just looked it up and yes the isetta made in Italy in the 50s was continually changed and updated, re powered, re sponsored, enlarged and finally believe it or not it appeared to be ready to be re introduced by a Swiss company as the Microlino in an electric version soon, with a few thousand already presold.

·
Registered
596 Posts
Not only street legal but there is at least one in PDX.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Definitely not. Bad aero means poor efficiency (much of the electricity is going to come from methane or coal), terrible stability, and probably not very safe in a crash.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts