Honda Insight Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well last Saturday I wrecked my Insight .. :(

I hit a curb going about 5 miles an hour while leaving my apartment complex. Your initial reaction is probably the same as mine was. Oh well that's no biggie. Well I must have hit it just right (or just wrong) because I've NEVER seen a curb do that much damage. :shock: I hit it right on an drainage area which didn't help. It dropped down about 4 more inches then the normal curb. :(

It almost tore my tire completely off. It was pointing 90 degrees in the wrong direction. I don't know if it snapped the front tire rod or what. I guess when it broke the tire it first broke it in and it broke the windshield washer fluid tank by the engine. It also tore about half the front bumper off (which I expected) and the bumper scratch part of the front quarter panel. All the damage was on the passenger side.

Do you guys have any advice on towing? Is there anything I should watch otu for. I'll have to reread the manual. I remember there is a towing hook I have to screw into place.

Also do the front brakes do any regenerating or is that only in the back?

I'm going to have her towed in today to get an estimate.

Man I'm an idiot!! :(

·
Registered
47 Posts
YIKES! that sounds bad.

re. towing, i usually prefer a flatbed, but that would mean "dragging" the car onto the bed and i'd fear futher damaging the tie rod, axle, etc.

the tow hitch is only for pulling the car out of mud, sand, ditch, etc. NOT for towing.

i'd tow it via a standard tow truck. lifting the front end off the ground.

i ran into a curb, much the same way. i clipped the edge of a driveway. luckily i only suffered a flat tire. the tire burst. total loss.

anyway, good luck to you!

·
Registered
70 Posts
The regen is done through the IMA motor, not the actual front or rear brakes.

Dang, that sounds bad for a solo accident in a parking lot!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts