Honda Insight Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm totally confused. We just got our floor mats in the mail from the Ohio dealer where we bought the car and the parts it came with are wrong.

The metal piece that screws into the floor, which is supposed to have a post that snaps into the floor mat hole, is incorrect. Instead of a hole on one end and a post on the other, it's got two holes. There is no post, just a hole there. How the heck is a hole supposed to lock the floor mat into place? Is this the wrong part, or am I missing a small post that is supposed to screw into the second hole?

·
Registered
71 Posts
appears to be wrong part

I just bought oem floor mats from http://www.hondafloormats.com/insight/index.htm
and the hardware included a plastic plug, 'bracket' and screw. The bracket is a single molded piece with a post at one end and a hole at the other. So,it would appear you don't have the right part.

Have you checked the dimensions of the mats? The driver's and passenger sides are NOT the same shape and very closely match the contours of the floor space on each respective side.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the info. We definitely have the correct floor mats, just not the right metal bracket to lock the driver's side into place. It's the right shape, fitting perfectly to the angles of the floor, but it's missing that post. And it even came sealed in a bag with the Honda Installation Instruction Sheet, which shows a diagram of the part with the post on it.

·
Registered
222 Posts
I got the floormats from my dealer a couple weeks ago and I'm pretty sure there was a post involved...

I would say if your part sheet shows a post, and you have no post, then post a complaint (har).

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I wish I could complain. Problem is, the Ohio dealership doesn't care about us because we're in Canada. The floor mats they sent us were mismatched (one was a very odd, light grey with different "Insight" stitching) and their parts dept. will not return our phone calls regarding that, even though the sales rep we bought the car from keeps assuring us they will call. I think 2 months is too long to wait for a phone call.

Anyway - dang it! Now I'll have to try and modify the bracket, or else try to buy one from a dealer here in Ontario.

·
Registered
222 Posts
I would call the higher ups at the dealership to complain. No matter what country their customers are from, I would think they would want their dealership to be doing the right thing.

If that fails, I would give Honda America customer service a call. I found them very helpful when I had a (what turned out to be) minor issue with my dealer.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Update!
A local dealership (not the U.S. dealership where we bought it) is honouring the one-year warranty of the floor mats, and reordering them for us. Apparently it's impossible to order just the bracket with the post. They have to order an entire new set of mats.
Sweet!

·
Registered
95 Posts
The lock post is the same for all Insights. In the early years, 2002 and before, you had to order the lock post and drivers side carpet separately. If your dealer is at all helpful they should be able to order what you need. Part numbers are:

08P15-S3Y -100R1 HOLDER, CARPET
08P15-S3Y -10006 SCREW GROMMET (5mm)
93903-46220 SCREW, TAPPING (6X16)

The carpet changed color at some point (I am guessing in ’03) so if you need to replace the carpet for a later model you will end up with an extra lock post.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts