Honda Insight Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

I need one 2003 insight wheel, not the spare the regular wheel. I am in Sedona, AZ, 86336. I would like a nice wheel no curb rash, I already have one with lots of curb rash.

Thanks!

·
Registered
1,231 Posts
FYI, they're all the same for 2000 through 2006.

reconditioned:
2000 2001 2002 2003 2004 2005 2006 Honda Insight OEM Factory 14 Wheel Rim 63821 | eBay

the used ones on ebay start at $100 shipped and go up from there, and are kinda beat up looking. they're not too difficult to re-clear coat though.

i might consider selling my spares but the car isn't in its final resting place just yet, so depends on how much of a hurry you're in.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I'm not in a big hurry.

My car is due for two tires soon and I thought I would look for a nice wheel to replace my cosmetically damaged one.

I don't want to spend $200 on a wheel when I can buy a whole car for $1000. If I find the right silver car nearby with a good CVT I will probably pick it up for $1000. They are out there with bad batteries, I've passed on two manual trans.

I passed on a set of 4 nice wheels for $200 because I did not want to drive 400 miles round trip to get them.

Thanks!

·
Super Moderator
8,675 Posts
they're not too difficult to re-clear coat though.
What product are you using to re-clear coat? I've tried a couple of things but they yellow after a year or so.

·
Registered
1,231 Posts
What product are you using to re-clear coat? I've tried a couple of things but they yellow after a year or so.
i believe it was duplicolor wheel clear coat, it initially has a slight yellow, but you aren't going to find anything that is totally clear that is high temp in a rattle can. i never noticed them yellow more after the initial coating.

paint shop urethane would probably be best, but also cost more.

shipping wheels is rather expensive, insight wheels are already rather rare. IMO, $200 for a set wasn't a bad deal, last kinda sorta good(still had some curb rash) set on ebay went for $450 with shipping costs. just because the cars can be found cheap, doesn't mean every part on the car can be found cheap, not everyone really wants to bother with gutting a car out and then having to dispose of what's left over at the end.

probably best luck would be finding someone here who has a set close by, but i really doubt you're going to find anything closer or cheaper than your already passed up deal.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts