Honda Insight Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i need to do that and i was wanting to checkout the injectors to. but that still won't get me anywhere near the mileage that the ECU would.
Anyone know why they didn't have that on the US CVT's?

·
Registered
101 Posts
Well, either way you look at it, you’ll get 10 mpg more. I’m now getting between 55 and 63 mpg on highway keeping it around 60mph. I haven’t gotten under 52mpg.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
yeah that would be better but i'd still like to get JDM ECU and be at 70-80.

·
Registered
803 Posts
You'll need more than just the ECU.

Read.

·
Registered
1,197 Posts
Indeed. I'm at just over 105K on my 2001, lifetime mpg 55.4, with the AC set on 72/econ that has never been turned off ever since day one 18+ yesrs ago... And it would have been higher, probably, had My Beloved not driven it like a Civic before I gained greater custody of the car after a few years.

·
Super Moderator
4,690 Posts
Right. Don't set your expectations too high. Mine doesn't get anywhere near the numbers you're talking about. As long as the car is right the problem is the driver, the environment, or the commute.

As far as your other question, Honda did it on purpose so they could advertise the SULEV EPA rating.

Sam

·
Registered
30 Posts
Right. Don't set your expectations too high. Mine doesn't get anywhere near the numbers you're talking about. As long as the car is right the problem is the driver, the environment, or the commute.

As far as your other question, Honda did it on purpose so they could advertise the SULEV EPA rating.

Sam
I’m curious what MPG gain you did get from the lean burn. I’m considering tracking down a module but they are $800 or more at the moment. Wondering if the gas savings will eventually pay for the $1200 modification.

·
Administrator
10,596 Posts
Wondering if the gas savings will eventually pay for the $1200 modification.
Almost certainly not I would say especially with your relatively low fuel prices.

·
Registered
101 Posts
For the money that you would spend to convert your card to Lindberg you could just buy a manual and call it a day. Getting between 70 and 80 miles per gallon in the manual is no easy task either. Most of the people that I have time to get about 60 miles per gallon.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
101 Posts
I apologize for my iPhone dictation program it doesn’t really get the words right.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
About this Discussion
13 Replies
8 Participants
Saxjonz
Honda Insight Forum
We’re the ultimate Honda Insight forum to talk about Honda’s hybrid car and its fuel economy and specs!
Full Forum Listing