Honda Insight Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I need the rubber piece that goes over the clutch pedal. Mine is worn down and doesn't stay on anymore. Not a huge deal, but I think it'd be better safety-wise to have a pad instead of the smooth metal surface. I checked eBay and couldn't find it anywhere. If anyone has an extra, I'd happily pay for it.

Majestic and a couple other online Honda parts dealers sell this for $3.30. However, they charge a base cost of anywhere from $12-15 in shipping just for this little piece.

So the second option is for anyone who plans on buying some other items from Majestic or another parts website to order this (it shouldn't increase your S&H more then a dollar, if that) and then send it to me. I'll cover the original cost + $5 for the shipping of it to me. I have a Paypal.

The product # on Majestic is 209211. It's in the category "pedal." Illustration # 012. "Cover, Pedal."

Thanks!

·
Registered
50 Posts
No Honda dealer in your vicinity?

Mine wore completely through, too, (apparently the material doesn't withstand the soles of my walking shoes) but I'm not going to bother replacing it.
__
Neil

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It's 100 miles away. I'll probably make it there sometime, but not in the near future.

How much do you think they would charge me for one? Retail price shown on Majestic with no shipping perhaps? I've never bought anything of this nature directly from the dealer before.

·
Premium Member
956 Posts
I'd wait till you place an order to one of the online outfits. My local dealer charged me twice what Majestic lists as the retail price. I've got a slightly used one I'll send you if you want. I'll PM you a pic and ship cost.

edit: couldn't pm a pic so here's what it looks like.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts