Honda Insight Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looking to buy a manual 1st gen in the Midwest area (Iowa, Nebraska, Kansas, Missouri), unless someone is willing to work with me on having it shipped. Please let me know what you have for sale.

·
Super Moderator
1,986 Posts
Where ever his listed in his profile. If he hasn’t then he should as most other members have done.

Scott

·
Registered
37 Posts
Haha now we have east coast, midwest, and west coast covered...
I'm still looking on east coast, btw, if anyone comes by any leads.

·
Registered
2,085 Posts
Have you looked at the for sale listings here on IC.
You'll see my 69,000 mile silver 5-speed Insight for sale in Wisconsin.

Always happy to work out shipping.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Still looking for one. If someone is willing to work with me and a car shipper, I'd be willing to go outside of my current radius for a clean body manual in any color. Please let me know.

·
Super Moderator
8,988 Posts
It might help if you would outline your basic requirements/needs. There is a lot to consider beyond a clean body. Many of the cars, now 17-21 years on the road, have some warts. Some even good cars have minor collisions, some have paint issues even if undamaged, some have high mileage, some have interior wear, well you get the point. If you are handy, you can resolve smaller issues - if you aren't you probably shouldn't buy an Insight.;)

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Thanks jime, I'm looking for a clean titled, manual, preferably with no body damage (never been wrecked, no major dents and dings, front bumper hanging off, etc) scratches I can deal with, I understand they're 20 year old cars now. Basically a good daily driver, other than what I mentioned above, I'm pretty open to any color exterior or condition of interior.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Either type would work, I would prefer the cleanest one that I can find, but if the price is right on one with a blown engine or bad battery, I'd jump on that too. I plan to drive it to work, but I plan to keep it for years.

·
Registered
221 Posts
I got a 2003 silver 5sp with 106k miles... It's pretty clean. I have the IMA battery bypassed and I'm asking $4,000 for it.

I'm located in Des Moines, Iowa.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts