Honda Insight Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2006 Honda Insight MT
635 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Oil pan has a crack and needs replacing, wondering if anyone has one to sell to beat the current price of $400 online? Dealer wants $600 for the part.

·
Super Moderator
1,998 Posts
I have it. Will send you a conversation.

Scott

·
Registered
1,860 Posts
I have a car with a cracked oil pan someone put WD Weld on it. I have a leak do not know if it’s from the crack or somewhere else. I may be interested in a pan also. Thank you if I hear from you

·
Super Moderator
1,998 Posts
Sent a conversation to you also, Nathan.

I have several oil pans.

Thanks,
Scott

·
Registered
130 Posts
I've had a few of them welded for $50- $60. You just need to find someone that works on exotic metals and has the correct Mg rods.
Yeah, even if you swap it, I would not send the old pans to scrap. At least give them to someone who can get them welded. At some point, there will simply be no parts to swap in unless someone wrecks a running car.

·
Registered
2004 Honda Insight: D16Z6, turbo'ed
86 Posts
I have a motor I just pulled as well. The trans was bad but engine was good. If anyone would like it cheap, hit me up. $400 seems crazy, but I guess if the market demands it..... Thanks,

John

·
Super Moderator
9,090 Posts
Yeah, even if you swap it, I would not send the old pans to scrap. At least give them to someone who can get them welded. At some point, there will simply be no parts to swap in unless someone wrecks a running car.
Yeah, this can easily happen in another 5 years or so. Folks should start trying to accumulate the really tough stuff, like the magnesium sump. We need to start thinking of what parts are show stoppers. This thread should be promoted and maintained:

Reactions: dueces
1 - 8 of 8 Posts