Honda Insight Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'd like to buy a "grid charger" for a 2005 Honda Insight.

A basic one would be just fine. I want to see if charging / balancing the battery will revive it before replacing it entirely.

·
Registered
527 Posts
What is your location? Perhaps an Insight owner near you may let you borrow a charger or help revive your pack.

·
Registered
527 Posts
St Louis is a pretty big town. There should be a member near you that might be able to help. There also may be a member that will sell you a charger. Lastly, if you wanted to build one for yourself, it is not too difficult.

·
Lean Burn = Happiness
2,155 Posts
Welcome to the forum. A grid charger is a wise investment that will significantly improve the life of your battery.

There are three main options on where/how to get a grid charger.
(1) You can build a 'simple' one yourself. Here is a good thread with info.
(2) You can have a 'simple' charger built for you - I build them and offer them for sale. Here is more info.
(3) The third option is Mike's 'complex' Genesis One charger. It has many features that the 'simple' units do not have, but is understandably more expensive. Here is more info.

All three are great options. Making the decision is a personal choice that really boils down to how much you want to spend, whether you want to build it yourself, and which features you feel are necessary. :)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts