Honda Insight Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So normally I just find a junk yard within driving distance to pick up a motor but there don't seem to be many in my vicinity?

Anyway, I have an 02 MT that had the camshaft break on me last week so I could use a motor if anyone's got a good one they're willing to part with.

Post it here or PM me.

Thanks!

·
Registered
818 Posts

·
Super Moderator
6,871 Posts
Or, buy this one, fix it with your parts and save yourself a lot of trouble. Before you go with that plan though, check the front for collision damage since the hood doesn't seem to fit exactly right. Might just be hood adjustment.

·
Registered
298 Posts
I have a Good Condition Cylinder Head from a M/T I would sell for $250 Plus Shipping (Guessing $30-50) if you decide to go that route PM Me. It’s Pulled and ready to ship.

·
Registered
25 Posts
I have a head and cam shaft cover on a 2005 that needs both. Would you part out the engine and replace or do the head repair? Anybody change a head on one of these?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Hey guys,

Been away for a few days and finally figured out how to reply over mobile. Thanks for the offer of the head, I managed to get one already before I saw your offer.

I checked car-part and there wasn't much in good shape near me. That's generally my go to.

I also saw that car in Miami and it's a great deal. Even comes with a wood block which will help keep me warm over the winter! lol

So, I'm in the boat where my cam broke and ~1/2 the valves bent if not more. I think case I'll probably just have a few tiny nicks in the pistons. If you can get a sweet deal on an engine, take it. It's probably easier to just replace the unit than the heads but I'm stubborn.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts