Honda Insight Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know of a salvage yard or other source that would have a complete cat-back system?
I would like to play with some exhaust modifications but I don't want to hack up my own or break the bank at the dealer.

·
Registered
453 Posts
I ordered a new one for less than 200.00 when I wanted to play with the exhaust.

Check out my web site for some pictures. I've got a crude drawing of the inside of the rear muffler.

I think the rear pipe is 33 or 35mm in size. I probably would have just done away with the muffler If I could have found pipe or adapters.

I might be willing to sell my old cat-catback. I'll need to think about it.

·
Registered
652 Posts
Cakely,
Like your web site. It would be great to get the insight owners from a few states together (SC,NC,TN,GA etc). We had 5 at last years gathering in NC. Your web site 10-15 mpg increase has got me thinking about pulling the muffler for a test trip. It would also be nice to see those new wheels. Have fun, Rick

·
Registered
453 Posts
Note the increase is because I drive kinda hard.

You can simply unbolt the car back. Three bolts and I think 4 more on a cover plate. You'll need a exhaust gasket for re-install.

I'm adding more pictures to my web site as I type.

·
Registered
700 Posts
Maybe I should delete my muffler. I've been wanting to add on one of those coffee-can exhaust tips, anyway. Probably good for 10-15 hp, eh? :roll:

Seriously, how loud would it be without the muffler?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts