Honda Insight Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The windshield pillar moulding on the passenger side of my 2002 Blue Honda Insight came off while I was driving last month. I would like to replace it. Does anyone have any suggestions as to where I might be able to buy a replacement?
Thanks!

·
Premium Member
10,215 Posts
Please include your location in your Profile. Someone close by may have such an item for sale.

·
Super Moderator
7,628 Posts
He means, click the small avatar at top right and edit "my profile" to include your general location. It will then be included as a hover over in your regular avatar :)

·
Registered
697 Posts
If no one here responds, try car-part.com (junkyards across the continent). You may have to look for a while. (Or look in For Sale for someone parting out a Blue).

Replacement windshield? Installers probably did not put new clips in the molding, or broke the clip holders, used windshield caulk to hold it in place, and it failed. You will need two 10-clip boxes of Au-ve-co clips part # 21419. (Try Amazon etc). On the box, it shows a Honda part number of 91503-S3Y-003. @atikovi did a group buy last year. (I could use three more boxes.)

You might find blue molding at Majestic Honda (online store) if it is not sold out. But it will be more expensive.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
If no one here responds, try car-part.com (junkyards across the continent). You may have to look for a while. (Or look in For Sale for someone parting out a Blue).

Replacement windshield? Installers probably did not put new clips in the molding, or broke the clip holders, used windshield caulk to hold it in place, and it failed. You will need two 10-clip boxes of Au-ve-co clips part # 21419. (Try Amazon etc). On the box, it shows a Honda part number of 91503-S3Y-003. @atikovi did a group buy last year. (I could use three more boxes.)

You might find blue molding at Majestic Honda (online store) if it is not sold out. But it will be more expensive.
Thank you! I'll try your suggestions.

·
Premium Member
10,215 Posts
What about jime's suggestion?

·
Registered
5 Posts
The windshield pillar moulding on the passenger side of my 2002 Blue Honda Insight came off while I was driving last month. I would like to replace it. Does anyone have any suggestions as to where I might be able to buy a replacement?
Thanks!
Hi I have one it's silver, I live in georgia

·
Registered
44 Posts
I got parts off a blue 2005 insight today the pillar was on the car and the paint job pretty good. check with B and R wrecking in Albany Oregon. or message me I could maybe get it for you

·
Premium Member
10,215 Posts
Please include your location in your Profile, as ALL G1 Insighters have done.
Thank You.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I got parts off a blue 2005 insight today the pillar was on the car and the paint job pretty good. check with B and R wrecking in Albany Oregon. or message me I could maybe get it for you
I called B & R Wrecking, and someone there is checking on it for me. Do you live near there?

·
Registered
697 Posts
<Edit: I guess I posted something similar last week, but new info is here...>

Junkyards will often pull a part for you and ship it. I'm guessing the cost should be $40-80 for the part. You can (and probably should) bargain with some of them. (Would you take $X?) But how much it would cost to ship something so long, you should verify before buying it.

If you want to find a blue windshield/door molding that might be within driving distance, here's what I'd do (after exhausting the search here):

• Search car-part.com for something like a door or hood or bumper. Search multiple parts in different searches since a yard may have one but not the other
  • The color of the car is often listed. Find one that is blue (car-part shows straight line distance from your zip code).
  • Call the junkyard and ask them if they have the strip.
The problem is going to be that the tabs on the molding that hold the clips you need to buy may be broken. I personally have fixed these on a molding that had been broken off by a deer, with Duplo (large Legos) as donor material, using a soldering iron to mix the Lego plastic with the door plastic. A carbon filter mask with eye protection is needed to avoid keeling over. (If the plastic does not actually mix, it is just a surface bond and the Lego will break off.) I pulled the repaired strip a few months ago (requires breaking the white clips and replacing them is necessary) and the Lego repair was holding well.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
<Edit: I guess I posted something similar last week, but new info is here...>

Junkyards will often pull a part for you and ship it. I'm guessing the cost should be $40-80 for the part. You can (and probably should) bargain with some of them. (Would you take $X?) But how much it would cost to ship something so long, you should verify before buying it.

If you want to find a blue windshield/door molding that might be within driving distance, here's what I'd do (after exhausting the search here):

• Search car-part.com for something like a door or hood or bumper. Search multiple parts in different searches since a yard may have one but not the other
  • The color of the car is often listed. Find one that is blue (car-part shows straight line distance from your zip code).
  • Call the junkyard and ask them if they have the strip.
The problem is going to be that the tabs on the molding that hold the clips you need to buy may be broken. I personally have fixed these on a molding that had been broken off by a deer, with Duplo (large Legos) as donor material, using a soldering iron to mix the Lego plastic with the door plastic. A carbon filter mask with eye protection is needed to avoid keeling over. (If the plastic does not actually mix, it is just a surface bond and the Lego will break off.) I pulled the repaired strip a few months ago (requires breaking the white clips and replacing them is necessary) and the Lego repair was holding well.
Thank you! This is helpful.

·
Registered
1,975 Posts
Having a yard pull it off for you may be a mistake.
It is very easy to break the clips. And if the clips, you will not be able to secure it to your car.

You could try Halo Parts. They specialize in Insight parts.
Have you checked at the dealership? What was the price there?

·
Registered
1,975 Posts
Forgot to mention that you should also check buy sell section of InsightCentral.but they are Silver.

Looks like seller forgot to post price??? Not sure how that happens. But did ask him to update posting with price.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts