Honda Insight Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Premium Member
138 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello Everyone,

I have a 2003 Insight with a bad CVT that I am parting out. It has ~220,000 miles on the car and was being driven daily until the CVT went bad. The IMA system functions all okay but the battery is worn out and it is currently bypassed using only the ICE. But everything else on the IMA system is okay. Other than the above things the car is 100% complete and in great shape! I really hate to part it out but its so costly to replace the transmission and the battery. If someone is interested in the car complete make me an offer. The engine runs strong and drove excellent before the CVT went out.

Several pictures are located here:
https://plus.google.com/photos/114717452013058759637/albums/5943622098026384305?authkey=CLPswJ677_2WPQ

I have means of shipping any part on the car to anywhere in the world. I work at an automotive parts store and can ship the smallest pieces to the largest items cost effectively via USPS, UPS, or Freight for larger items reasonably priced.

Here is what is missing/bad on the car:
IMA Battery -Complete in the car but not functioning due to worn out battery
CVT - In the car but does not function. The engine revs while in D or R but it is like the car is in Neutral.
Muffler/Back exhaust piece - This is currently on the car but I will be taking it off to put on one of my other Insights that the muffler fell off :?

I currently have 4 Insights in my possession and 1 HCH and I am very familiar with the cars:
2000 M/T - 120,000 with a Hybrid Battery Repair "BetterBattery" (I was one of the last few to get one and it is very nice.)
2000 M/T - 230,000 needs IMA battery otherwise okay. Running on ICE only. Plan on selling this after IMA replacement.
2003 CVT - 225,000 good IMA battery but bad CVT. Looking to replace CVT. Plan on selling this after CVT replacement.
2003 CVT - 220,000 (this is the car in reference to this post) bad CVT & needs IMA battery. Parting out here:
2004 HCH CVT - 250,000 needs IMA battery.

There are several pictures of the car in the above link. Pretty much anything is for sale. Just PM me what you are requesting and I will promptly respond with availability and price. I am located in Mount Sterling, KY which is close to Lexington, KY. If you need a specific picture I will be more than happy to get that for you.

Thank you for looking.

Attachments

·
Registered
4,008 Posts
Shame to break a perfectly good car.

·
Premium Member
138 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I agree I just don't know what other option would make sense. I would rather repair the vehicle and sell it to keep it on the road. I just can't find anyone to work on CVTs anymore without costing 2-3k. Maybe someone would be interested in buying the car that has a good CVT?

·
Premium Member
1,207 Posts
Shame to break a perfectly good car.
Sam, I had to chuckle on your comment.
220k mi 10 y.o. car
Bad IMA
Bad CVT
Time for that horse to be shot and turned into glue.
Like the 300 lb fat chick. She served her purpose. She can move (or roll) on.
LOL.
All the above said in jest and didn't mean to offend (except the part about the fat chick)

·
Registered
4,008 Posts
K swap?

A junkyard CVT or rebuilt?

The Insight is still a fun little car without an IMA. Heck, imagine you put in a turbo instead of a new IMA.

The car is cosmetically good/complete, the engine's probably good for another 250k, that's most of the battle if you have a classic car you're fixing up.

I sure wish I had a garage, or even a driveway.

·
Premium Member
138 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I hate to see any Insight disbanded or destroyed which is why I have 4 now lol. I bought my current car a couple years ago and replaced the IMA Battery. Friends or someone I found that had no use for them because of a bad battery or bad CVT I bought them with hopes to fix them. I'm trying to fix the other two but this one I just don't have the time or money to do anything with. So for this one I plan on taking any usable part and putting it back into the Insight community to help keep the ones on the road.
The Insight is still a fun little car without an IMA.
I'm with you on this. My first insight I rode with some friends from KY to Fort Myer, FL on a whim to buy an insight with a bad IMA battery. 2000 M/T Silver with 100,000 miles for $2,300. Drove it back all in one go 14 hours of pure 1.0L fun! :D gave me some time to learn the car.

·
Premium Member
138 Posts
Discussion Starter #10

·
Premium Member
138 Posts
Discussion Starter #13

·
Registered
84 Posts
Sent you a PM

·
Premium Member
138 Posts
Discussion Starter #17

·
Administrator
11,014 Posts
Interested in the CVT clockspring and the connector and 6 inches of wire from the loom that plugs into it. Post to UK cheapest method.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Front bump

Hey. I'm a college student and someone hit and run my front bumper. How much for the front bumper shipped to 92130. Thanks!

1 - 20 of 21 Posts