Honda Insight Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
It did have some body damage, any kind of damage or defect scares most people to death. Being a mechanic for 25 years it would not bother me at all. It Looked like a pretty good buy.

·
Registered
702 Posts
no wheel well covers, and that damage looked pretty bad, not mechanical, but very expensive to fix, the interior looked terrible...i bought mine for about $9k with 94k miles and it is in almost mint condition(a few minor scratches, but it looks great for a 2000)...so i could see that price for that car

·
Registered
88 Posts
That car will need a new fender, door, mirror, possible bumper and wheel cover, all painted and installed. The previous owner of my Insight got a crease in the pass. side door and just replaced it rather than find a body shop that could deal in aluminum.

It's a decent deal, I paid $6k for my 2000 with 120k mi.

·
Registered
367 Posts
That car looks like the owner did not take very good care of the exterior or the interior so I would wonder what kind of care he took with the rest of the maintenance. Also, if you are buying off of Ebay sight unseen you have to take into account damage that has not been disclosed and the cost of transport if you are shipping to another state.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts