Honda Insight Forum banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Living in South Florida I decided that I didn't need the rear windshield wiper. So, I removed the wiper and motor and installed the plug recommended on this forum (thank you) and it really looks nice. Except---it looked kind of stupid with a window washer nozzle and no wiper. I thought that this might be a great loaction to place a satellite radio antenna. I pulled the washer nozzle out (if you try this you might want to cut it off to release the clips as it is so tight that it started to distort the roof) and plugged the hose. I then took a Delphi XM antenna that had an antenna wire that could be routed out the bottom, applied some 3M outdoor double backed tape, and stuck it to the roof. I lowered the headliner and routed the cable down the right "B" pillar and along the door sill to the dash and across to the center console where the receiver is located. I then unplugged the rear washer pump so I didn't accidently hit the switch and soak the headliner. By installing the antenna in this manner, I got into the vehicle with the cable without making any holes or running over any seals. If you want to take the antenna out and replace the nozzle, it is completely reversible without any damage to the vehicle.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts