Honda Insight Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
277 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is not my car - I just found it interesting that a yellow one exists. I have no knowledge of the vehicle or its owner. It is a 2002 so the lighting is not playing tricks here...

So... there are those of us that have the apple, the blueberry, the lime (like me) and now a banana. I wasn't going to mention the other yellow citrus type.

Could there be an Orange one out there somewhere?? Orange Metallic would be so cool imho.

http://www.autotrader.com/fyc/vdp.jsp?c ... ardist=703

·
Premium Member
1,631 Posts
It was grey or silver before....The pictures with the door opened gives it away. (Look at the inner parts that still have the original paint.)

JoeCVT - Just your average CVT owner

·
Registered
46 Posts
Odd that someone wouldn't prefer Silverstone Metallic to this... Canary Yellow. The matte yellow appearance versus the glossy silver is probably the reason why the price is so low. :p

·
Registered
495 Posts
Odd that someone wouldn't prefer Silverstone Metallic to this... Canary Yellow. ...
Probably wanted to make extra sure the truckers couldn't miss him when out there on the highways. :)

Fred / Proud Owner of "The Silver Bullet"

·
Registered
171 Posts
Aw, it isn't up any more. I didn't get to see it. Sounds like it might have been the yellow Y49 that was cursed on the CRX??

My Insight was repainted before I bought it (silver to not quite the same silver). You can tell it was a cheap paint job, which make me think at some point I may want to get it painted again. Silver was my first choice out of the whopping 4 colors I had to choose from, but if I ever get it repainted it might be kind of nice to do something different.

What fruit would us silvers be? Maybe we're just ice cubes?

·
Registered
230 Posts
gone now but yep I saw it....I was asking myself....why in world would someone pick that ugly color to paint an Insight!?!?!??!?!?

·
Registered
473 Posts
Waynetc said:
Could there be an Orange one out there somewhere??
Orange Metallic would be so cool imho.
I've considered having my car painted, there's several little nicks and
scratches on it, all provided by the previous owner. I too thought a metallic
orange, like one of the Honda Element colors, but it wouldn't make any sense
with the gray and black interior. I'll probably just go with a darker silver, so
it'll look a but different, or a nifty color I've seen called titanium which looks
to be a silver with a little brown in it.

If you're curious, go to http://www.superformance.com/gt40.aspx and wait
for a pic of a silver GT40 with black stripes to come up.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts