Honda Insight Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
SEE BELOW FOR UPDATED QUESTION
I am attempting to correct the P0141 code and have read a bundle of IC posts. Renunergy's post with the GM guide to diagnosing O2 sensor malfunctions is intriguing and I would like to troubleshoot the downstream O2 sensor heater circuit.

http://www.insightcentral.net/forums/problems-troubleshooting/50610-new-o2-sensor-still-have-p0141-now-what.html#post552178

Only trouble, my whatever make O2 sensor plug does not have the 'C' and 'D' connector designations that GM has, so I cannot distinguish the heater from the sensor poles. My plug has the 2x2 array of wires with two adjacent white wires, a gray and a black wire.

Anyone have insight experience with this?

B

·
Premium Member
459 Posts
The Insight wiring diagram page for engine controls indicates that wire 3 and wire 4 are the heater wires, wire 2 is likely a thermistor and wire 1 is the sensor signal for the secondary heated oxygen sensor.

A reference for Honda wiring diagram symbols is at Honda Wiring Diagram Symbols. Honda. Automotive Wiring Diagrams

·
Super Moderator
7,791 Posts
dave,

I'm interested in where you found this diagram. Since it is in color it obviously didn't come from the Honda Electrical Troubleshooting Guide.

·
Premium Member
459 Posts

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
Now it will not connect

OK.
Could not translate the wiring diagrams into the real world, so I did what had to be done, anyway. A Bosch 13075 downstream sensor was purchased and installed. The connector from the sensor looked similar to the old connector, but I cannot for the life of me get them mated.

Getting both hands in there and manipulating, pressing, and squeezing them together will not hold - they do not seat. The slightest jarring with separate them.

The plug contours insure that there is only one way to orient these plugs; that is not the issue.

Does anyone have a similar experience with this and a solution?

B.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts