Honda Insight Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2,023 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well today it finally happened: My Lmpg increased!
It went from 61.5 to 61.8!
I know it is not much, but since I bought the car with 29,000 miles last October it has always been at 61.5. I am now just a few hundred miles under 36,000.

Does anyone know how often the lmpg updates? Why wouldn't it go up in .1 increments. As opposed to the .3 increment I saw?
I am not complaining, mind you. I was just happy to see some movement.

·
Registered
2,448 Posts
It has something to do with how the values round from metric to english units. Take it as a blessing, imagine how crazy it would drive you if it did change in .1 mpg increments, or even worse, it did that and updated every second.

On the lmpg I've seen .2 and .3 increments I think. Can't say for certain, it's been a while since my lmpg changed.

G

·
0 Posts
Hi Ericbecky:

___I was picking up ~ .2 mpg per day for almost a week until it got cold again. I have been stuck at 78.0 for 2.5 commute days now even though I have been banging away with low to mid 80’s on each segment. I hope to see another .2 mpg increase by late this week when I head back to work. That is if we see that wonderful 40 degree F + with no rain or wind again … As for the lmpg increments, I have never seen a .1 change but many .2 or .3 mpg increments going both ways.

___Good Luck

___Wayne R. Gerdes
___Hunt Club Farms Landscaping Ltd.
___[email:32nbrdk3][email protected][/email:32nbrdk3]

·
Registered
652 Posts
The updates follow a series and the next will be a .2 increase if you keep beating your average on each tank of gas. You may see it drop back if you are only close to the .3 increase but it will settle out. Have fun and congratulations on the improved lmpg. Rick

1 - 6 of 6 Posts