Honda Insight Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
G1 (2001, MT)
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
all i have is the terminal mentioned in the title, the rest of the wire is chewed put of existence on this plane. anyone know what this cable is and where it goes?? much apreciated

·
Super Moderator
1,839 Posts
Would like to help, but need more information and possibly a picture. It appears in your post above auto correct may not be your friend, I’m having trouble understanding?

What year is the car?
What type of transmission, MT or CVT?
Where are you located?
Can you please post a picture?

Scott

·
Registered
G1 (2001, MT)
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Would like to help, but need more information and possibly a picture. It appears in your post above auto correct may not be your friend, I’m having trouble understanding?

What year is the car?
What type of transmission, MT or CVT?
Where are you located?
Can you please post a picture?

Scott
yes of course, 2001 its a five speed MT
i am in the midwest united states
heres the terminal and where it resides

·
Premium Member
2001 5S "Turbo"
10,918 Posts
Please include your Location in your Profile, as ALL G1 owners have done.
Thank You.

·
Registered
2002 honda insight, 1980 corolla 4g63 swapped, 2003 volvo xc70 the daily
19 Posts
looks to be reverse switch. One of those two sensors are it just dont know which one. Put car in reverse and with a dvom /multimeter check for continuity.

·
Linsight Designer
1,939 Posts
That's the backup light switch. 100% guaranteed based on the information you've provided. The missing wire is yellow (which is "HOT in ON or START"). The GRN/BLK wire connects to the ECM (B24) and also to the actual backup lights (via C103). Both wires are in the engine wire harness.

·
Registered
G1 (2001, MT)
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
That's the backup light switch. 100% guaranteed based on the information you've provided. The missing wire is yellow (which is "HOT in ON or START"). The GRN/BLK wire connects to the ECM (B24) and also to the actual backup lights (via C103). Both wires are in the engine wire harness.
thanks!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts