Honda Insight Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hey, i was snooping on the forums and i just saw that apparently there is a filter inside the pan of the cvt?? Is this right? cause i replaced the in-line filter for the cvt i thought that was the only one..... car has 71k miles and i changed the cvt and in line filter at 63k or so... when should i change the pan filter? 100k?

this is the part # the user had listed
25430-PLR-003 (External Filter) * replaced this one*
25420-RBL-003 (Pan Filter)
90471-PX4-000 (Washer)
21814-RPS-000 (Gasket)

Also....... when is the fuel filter suppose to be replaced? my car has 71k miles not sure what should be done... spark plugs too?

my car 2010 insight

-------- another topic ----
I'm gonna get neon under glow cause why not..... it's never been done here apparently i looked all over so ill be the first with a 2nd gen insight with under glow. I have stock alloy rims and my car is metallic grey im thinking of getting the inside of the rim black and the outside spokes white or alloy showing like a machined face look. My plan is to have the color white running since other colors are just ugly with grey.
Nice or rice?

Selling stock OEM glossy GPS/radio dash trim (didn't fit my head unit) pm me

·
Registered
210 Posts
Hey, i was snooping on the forums and i just saw that apparently there is a filter inside the pan of the cvt??
.... spark plugs too?
I changed the external filter CVT, washer and gasket at 100K. Also made the adjustment of the valve clearances and replaced the spark plugs.
Replacing the internal filter CVT is not required by the Honda Insight ZE2 Service Manual, only cleaning with compressed air.

The internal filter changes when a failure of the CVT, when replacing parts of the CVT or when overhauling.
In case of an irregular oil change, it is recommended to wash the internal filter and make 2-3 partial replacements.
All car owners in Russia, who changed the internal filter to a new part, did not notice the difference. IMHO, if you have extra money you can change - it will not be worse.
You can clean the CVT-cooler with special equipment, but this is also a waste of time and money.

The main thing: regular change the CVT-fluid, after 40K kilometers.

... when is the fuel filter suppose to be replaced? my car has 71k miles not sure what should be done... spark plugs too?
Replacing the fuel filter is also carried out every 40K kilometers.
In my car, I changed the fuel filter to 100K, after which the consumption decreased.
https://www.insightcentral.net/forums/honda-insight-forum-2nd-gen-discussion/99225-what-did-you-do-your-g2-insight-today-9.html#post1392771

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I changed the external filter CVT, washer and gasket at 100K. Also made the adjustment of the valve clearances and replaced the spark plugs.
Replacing the internal filter CVT is not required by the Honda Insight ZE2 Service Manual, only cleaning with compressed air.

The internal filter changes when a failure of the CVT, when replacing parts of the CVT or when overhauling.
In case of an irregular oil change, it is recommended to wash the internal filter and make 2-3 partial replacements.
All car owners in Russia, who changed the internal filter to a new part, did not notice the difference. IMHO, if you have extra money you can change - it will not be worse.
You can clean the CVT-cooler with special equipment, but this is also a waste of time and money.

The main thing: regular change the CVT-fluid, after 40K kilometers.

Replacing the fuel filter is also carried out every 40K kilometers.
In my car, I changed the fuel filter to 100K, after which the consumption decreased.
https://www.insightcentral.net/forums/honda-insight-forum-2nd-gen-discussion/99225-what-did-you-do-your-g2-insight-today-9.html#post1392771

I see I see, I did notice alot of metal shavings in the drain plug when i did the change so i assume the in pan magnets are full too. (not a good sign huh....)
I guess i'll skip out on the filter for now but i assume replacing the spark plugs will help reduce the idle from jumping around 700rpm then drops to 400 then spikes up to 1k rpm this happens sometimes and im not sure why ... i've read the egr value is to blame but there is no check engine light and these insights are advance enough to know if an issue is occurring...........input?

·
Registered
210 Posts
... the idle from jumping around 700rpm then drops to 400 then spikes up to 1k rpm this happens sometimes and im not sure why ...
Clear EGR-valve + clear throttle valve + replace fuel filter + learning engine at idle. And troubles will go away.

I did notice alot of metal shavings in the drain plug when i did the change so i assume the in pan magnets are full too. (not a good sign huh....)
I too, have magnets with a small amount of metallic dust, but this is normal - when the mechanism is in operation, there is necessarily a production of metal.
But if you see large particles of metal, such as chips, broken pieces, this is a cause for concern.

Oh, I almost forgot.
If you replace the fuel filter, take a photo of the condition of the old filter element. Some claim that the fuel filter does not need to be changed in the USA, because gasoline is like a baby’s tear.:)

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
Clear EGR-valve + clear throttle valve + replace fuel filter + learning engine at idle. And troubles will go away.

I too, have magnets with a small amount of metallic dust, but this is normal - when the mechanism is in operation, there is necessarily a production of metal.
But if you see large particles of metal, such as chips, broken pieces, this is a cause for concern.

Oh, I almost forgot.
If you replace the fuel filter, take a photo of the condition of the old filter element. Some claim that the fuel filter does not need to be changed in the USA, because gasoline is like a baby’s tear.:)

Will do, so anyone got any idea of why i have stupid idle that jumps around sometimes when im sitting in a drive-thru. haha

1 - 6 of 6 Posts