Honda Insight Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
:) As one of the very few Insight owners in Coastal South Carolina, I realized quickly that I have to be a little more careful in my driving etiquette. If you are driving an Explorer, a Camry or even a Prius, you can honk your horn, flash your lights, holler at a litterbug - and no one around will be able to identify or remember you. But in your Insight, you cannot hide. People may not know what kind of car it is (the State Trooper who gave me a warning for speeding did not), but they will notice that it is different.

Remember, keep it calm out there.

Ted
Mt. Pleasant, SC
Silver 2000 #5490

·
Premium Member
1,658 Posts
Also part of the reason why there are very few (none?) reported thefts of Insights... :)

·
Registered
240 Posts
The Citrus Smoothie said:
Also part of the reason why there are very few (none?) reported thefts of Insights... :)
I guess you didn't read my thread about my Insight being stolen... :(

Short story: went to a restaurant, valet parking... came back out, valets couldn't "find" it anymore. Car was stolen, with the keys. LAPD found it a week later in North Hollywood, stripped of many things (tires and rims, stereo and speakers, spare, rear view mirror, and they started taking the seats and the air bags but gave up). We have the car back now, with aftermarket rims and still no stereo...

·
Registered
171 Posts
flymuck said:
The Citrus Smoothie said:
I guess you didn't read my thread about my Insight being stolen... :(

Short story: went to a restaurant, valet parking... came back out, valets couldn't "find" it anymore. Car was stolen, with the keys. LAPD found it a week later in North Hollywood, stripped of many things (tires and rims, stereo and speakers, spare, rear view mirror, and they started taking the seats and the air bags but gave up). We have the car back now, with aftermarket rims and still no stereo...
Rearview mirror? Goodness! Whoever took it sounds a little desperate.

·
Premium Member
1,658 Posts
Sorry Flymuck, I did have your theft in the back of my mind, just wasn't certain - that's why I said "very few" thefts. Apart from the missing items I hope your Insight wasn't too damaged by the experience.

It is amazing there are not high numbers of thefts via valet parking given that for most people their cars are the second biggest asset after their house and the valet guys cannot be earning a great deal.

·
Premium Member
2,332 Posts
I think there was one other case where thieves robbing a house made off with the owners Insight and were soon spotted and caught at a restaurant.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts