Honda Insight Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
... you look at the weather and say, "dang, the wind is blowing hard from the west today. I'm going to get lousy mileage on the way home." I just now had that go through my head when I stepped outside. I'd say that qualifies me as a hypermiler, or at least, have a compulsive dissorder.

Feel free to post your little quirks or even quote someone else just to say "hey, I do/did that too". That way, I won't feel all alone here.

·
Registered
19 Posts
. . . you curse because the car in front of you in line at the traffic light was just edging forward while the light is still red — and now you've jumped out of idle stop.

·
Registered
408 Posts
tennessean said:
. . . you curse because the car in front of you in line at the traffic light was just edging forward while the light is still red — and now you've jumped out of idle stop.
If it's a car length or less, I don't move :)

·
Registered
702 Posts
...you get angry because you cant pick up the envelope at the ATM, then move up the the machine and wont stay in idle stop

...you get angry when you have econ mode on, and waiting at the drive thru speaker with your window open...it gets so cold in the car that the idle stop turns off

·
Administrator
12,253 Posts
ditto

There's a hill comming up, you are down to 6-7 bars on the charge meter, deplete it by one more bar, and you just know it's going to go into forced charge mode, ARRGGHHHHH :shock:

You have been doing great mpg but the charge meter is inching down no matter what you do to lessen the load or increase the charge, you get that recal feeling, which you can't explain to any normal human being. ARRGGHHHHHH :shock:

The wind is in the wrong direction/too strong/not enough wind etc etc and you curse as you drive. :shock:

You check your tyres and find one is down by 1psi from the 50psi you put in three weeks ago, you swear to yourself that it must have cost you at least 0.5mpg!!! :shock:

And many many many more! ;)

·
Registered
495 Posts
tennessean said:
Oh yes! I understand that! :)

Fred / Proud Owner of "The Silver Bullet" :)

·
Registered
228 Posts
kapps said:
If it's a car length or less, I don't move
Depending on the situation, I may let it go to several car lengths and only move when I have to.

One trick I use to see if the SUV (or other "viewblocker") ahead of me is actually moving or just creeping up himself is to check the reflections of the cars ahead of him on the sides of cars in the lanes on either side.

If they are not moving, neither am I!

And that impatient fellow behind you, ignore him, he's not paying for your gas!

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
tennessean said:
yup yup

...you drive on the high side of that hump in the middle of the road, since there is less water on it . The normal position in the middle of the lane, is like driving in a small river when it's raining.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts