Honda Insight Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

Registered
2006 Honda Insight AT
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
In my series of videos for beginners who are looking to start working on cars themselves, I just did the serpentine belt replacement my 2006 Insight with A/C as an example for what a novice can do for themselves. It covers the process start-to-finish, with the tools required and an explanation of the tensioner which is screw-adjusted rather than the spring-loaded automatic type used in many other cars:

I hope some first-timers find it useful.

Registered
2005 NAVY BLUE PEARL CVT
This is great! I changed my belt and also replaced the tensioner pulley bearing when I got my first insight this year! I did take the front right wheel off and inside wheel well panel to make the job easier for me. My belly panel was gone but have one of those on order with KLR3CYL! Thanks for making and posting the video! Chris馃憤馃榿馃嚭馃嚫

Registered
2000 Honda Insight
This is great! I changed my belt and also replaced the tensioner pulley bearing when I got my first insight this year! I did take the front right wheel off and inside wheel well panel to make the job easier for me. My belly panel was gone but have one of those on order with KLR3CYL! Thanks for making and posting the video! Chris馃憤馃榿馃嚭馃嚫
I put a killer 3 cyl belly pan on mine... it is awesome... simplify and beautify

Registered
Great video! I鈥檓 having trouble finding the belt tension to go for. I thought I found it in the google docs a year ago, but am not having any luck! Have any suggested number?

Registered
Thanks for that! I don鈥檛 know why I can鈥檛 locate stuff like that a second time!

Registered
I embarrassingly was loosening instead of tightening the belt, didn't understand why it was still squealing until I noticed it was hanging low, oops. I was turning it right to tighten like a normal bolt but that pulls the pulley away from the belt and loosens it. I guess it's a standard thread bolt and not left hand.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts