Honda Insight Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
394 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all; 3 days ago I flew Alaska Airlines from Seattle to Orange County, CA, and picked up a fire truck my boss wants to use to advertise in parades. He found it on E-bay. It is a 1971 Kenworth, with a 318 Detroit Diesel, and it is very large, 23,000 lbs empty. Anyway, perhaps I have been driving my Insight too long......The first thing I did to the Kenworth was read the side of each tire, and inflate to the maximum for the 1280 mile drive home. Then on Interstate 5, I kept slighty letting off the gas pedal, looking for lean burn mode! I folded in the right side mirror for less wind drag. I managed 12.24 mpg for the trip, after the seller said the best he ever got was 10.8 ....... Lots of fun.....Billy

·
Registered
2,448 Posts
I find myself going for lean burn too when I get in other vehicles. Then I realize backing off just makes them slow down.

·
Premium Member
2,332 Posts
Hmmmm, 12.2 MPG, about the same mileage as a Humvee and about 10 times the weight of an Insight. Interesting!

·
Registered
1,211 Posts
What a fun ride [i]that[/i] must have been!

Top ten ways you know you've been driving an Insight too long:

Number 10: You get irritated at having to fill up with gas less than once a month... :x
Number 9: You get much better mileage when you drive other cars... :lol:
Number 8: You expect people to approach you at service station pumps when fueling your other cars, and are disappointed when they don't come over... :cry:
Number 7: You expect the other drivers to be looking and pointing at you at stoplights... :shock:
Number 6: You actually look at the price of regular gas... or care... :roll:
Number 5: You don't keep the accelerator mashed down all the time when driving your other cars... :?
Number 4: You have to figure out speed by primitive pointer-on-speedo-face method... :p
Number 3: You find yourself not worrying about tire pressure weekly... :)
Number 2: You can't get away with having your four closest buddies drive you to lunch because you "can't drive all of you, I'm in a two-seater." :lol:

And the Number One reason you know you've been driving an Insight too long...
You wave at other Insight drivers... and suddenly realize you're not in your Insight... :lol:

·
Registered
123 Posts
Hahaha, I always find myself foolishly waving at other Insight drivers when I'm not in my Insight... Too funny! :lol:

·
Registered
320 Posts
You've been driving an Insight too long when you get bored driving other cars because they don't have your favorite vidoe game (the gas mileage meter) playing on the dash board.

·
Premium Member
830 Posts
You've been driving an Insight too long when:

You can not use the brake pedal while driving an other car, at the expense of having 'near accidents'. Because you know that it does not recharge the battery and it only wears down the pads.

·
Registered
228 Posts
You think the tires may be a little low so you check and discover that they are fine. Then you worry about the little bit of air that escaped while you were checking!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts