1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Subject: ZE-1 (2000-2006) Honda Insight

La Jolla, California

Good morning everyone,

Within the next two weeks, I am planning to purchase my first ZE-1 Honda Insight.

I would enjoy hearing from each and every one of you who is a devotee and lover of these cutting edge and state of the art cars. I would like all the advice you're willing to provide, either by email or phone. Your cooperation is most appreciated. Many thanks for everything.

I am looking forward to hearing from you. Once again, great thanks for everything.

All the very best,
Howard
Howard G. Singer
Land: 858.454.2628
Cell: 619.980.4586

·
Registered
3,217 Posts
I would like all the advice you're willing to provide, either by email or phone. Your cooperation is most appreciated. Many thanks for everything.
Why not post your questions here so everybody can learn and participate. That's what a forum is for. Most people aren't going to give out their email or phone number to a stranger on the internet.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

La Jolla, California

Good morning everyone,

Within the next two weeks, I am planning to purchase my first ZE-1 Honda Insight.

I would enjoy hearing from each and every one of you who is a devotee and lover of these cutting edge and state of the art cars. I would like all the advice you're willing to provide, either by email or phone.

Your cooperation is most appreciated. Many thanks for everything.

I am looking forward to hearing from you. Once again, great thanks for everything.

All the very best,
Howard
Howard G. Singer

atikovi

I am "computer challenged." If you are interested in helping, you are welcome to send me an email off forum or call me. If you are reluctant to phone, I completely understand.

If I knew what I was doing, I would not have made my initial post in the incorrect area of insight central.net

·
Registered
3,217 Posts
You seem to be doing just fine. Just post more questions here and you will get plenty of good advice.

·
Registered
139 Posts
Howard, there’s a good article pinned at the top of the forum with buyer’s tips...

Most folks really enjoy these cars. They are unique and fun to drive. They are very reliable, with the caveat that they are now 20 years old and generally high mileage, and so they are bound to have some quirks and issues.

It helps if you have the ability and interest to do some minor repairs and tinkering yourself. The hybrid battery especially responds well to some TLC in the form of grid charging.

Folks on this forum are generally supportive and helpful. It’s a great community.

I’ve owned mine for a little over a year, and it has moved to the top ranks of cars I’ve owned and enjoyed. Here’s some first impressions of my car, along with the other vehicles I’ve driven over the years...

If you find one you like at a nice price, go for it.

- Park

·
Registered
1,772 Posts
Welcome to the forum. You've got a lot of reading to do to catch up. :)

La Jolla, California

Good morning everyone,

atikovi

I am "computer challenged."
If you go to my website, there is an article that outlines some of the things to look for if you are thinking of buying a G1 Insight.

Particularly ask about the hybrid battery condition, if it was ever replaced, how long ago etc. Ask if the battery has ever been "grid charged".

If the battery appears to be no good that isn't always the case and in many cases "bad" batteries can be gotten to work again. Not like new, but at least serviceable. And a "bad" battery is a bargaining chip in your favor (if you can get it to work again by grid charging etc). Info about charging is on my website.

We all were computer challenged when we started playing with computers. So don't feel like the Lone Ranger.

I would edit your posts to remove your phone number etc. The forum has "private email" that can be used for personal emails etc.

·
Premium Member
2001 5S "Turbo"
10,488 Posts
007stitch:
Please include your Location in your Profile, as ALL G1 Insighters have done. Thank You.
Willie

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Mr. Willie Williford

Good afternoon Willie,

We are neighbors, as I live in the San Diego neighborhood of La Jolla.

I have been to the Motor Transport Museum in Campo, California many, many times: Motor Transport Museum

I've also been to the Pacific Southwest Railroad Museum in Campo twice.

I am interested in purchasing a low mileage ZE-1 Honda Insight (2000-2006) and it doesn't matter whether it has a 5 speed transmission or a CVT (automatic) transmission. I've previously owned two Honda vehicles:
1971 Honda N600
2002 Honda NSX (badged in Canada and the USA as an Acura NSX)

Earlier today I provided my email address and both phone numbers. If you are able to recommend a low mileage Honda Insight ZE-1, please be so kind to send me an email or call me.

All the very best,
Howard

·
Registered
68 Posts
Why not post your questions here so everybody can learn and participate. That's what a forum is for. Most people aren't going to give out their email or phone number to a stranger on the internet.
Why not do a search since we get these topics at least once a week.

·
Registered
13 Posts

La Jolla, California

Good morning everyone,

I would enjoy hearing from each and every one of you who is a devotee and lover of these cutting edge and state of the art cars. I would like all the advice you're willing to provide, either by email or phone. Your cooperation is most appreciated. Many thanks for everything.

All the very best,
Howard
Howard G. Singer
Welcome. They're right, you have alot of reading to do. I did a Google Search for best mpg, 3 cylinder, and came up on these cars, that was over 9 years ago. I found a guy in Florida who thought he might sell his for the right price, I put a $500 hold on it, everybody thought I was crazy sending $500 to a complete stranger on the internet. I've had the car 9 years, drive it every day still and I bought a second one just in case anything goes wrong in the future. I could drive a 1200 mile round trip, Pa to South Carolina and back last summer for under $60, right now, I'm guessinf, with gas much cheaper, it'll only be $20 down, $20 back. Compare to $479 round trip air fare! Great choice, the most economical car ever made.

·
Premium Member
2001 5S "Turbo"
10,488 Posts
Please include your Location in your Profile, as ALL G1 Insighters have done.
Thank You.
Willie

·
Premium Member
2001 5S "Turbo"
10,488 Posts
Click on your Avatar, scroll down to "account settings", click.Fill in info needed,scroll down and click on SAVE, DONE.
HTH
Willie

·
Registered
2000 Honda Insight M/T
23 Posts
Welcome, just purchased my first a few months ago actually too, but I have been familiar with them for some time as I am a Honda technician at a dealer. Been pleasantly surprised how much I like driving it daily, especially the handling of it. Still working on getting all the things fixed and upgraded I wanted, but I got it for 1700 with only minor issues, so cannot complain!

·
Premium Member
2001 5S "Turbo"
10,488 Posts
Please include your Location in your Profile, as ALL G1 Insighters have done. Thank You.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts