Honda Insight Forum banner

121 - 140 of 158 Posts

·
Super Moderator
5,080 Posts
He showed up with it briefly at InsightFest. I was lucky enough to get a ride. It is an awesome car. VERY well sorted out.

Sam

·
Registered
4,008 Posts
He showed up with it briefly at InsightFest. I was lucky enough to get a ride. It is an awesome car. VERY well sorted out.

Sam
Lucky duck

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter #123
I am sorry, I have been failing with the updates.

As others have said I have been driving the car daily. The ExSight has been great. There has been quite a bit of interest in the car and the components so I have been working on making the parts I designed available. Hopefully I will be able to do that shorty.

I am getting ready to go Ice racing in Stevens Point Wisconsin this winter. I am excited to see what it will do. I will update with pics and video ASAP.

Thanks,

Mike

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter #127
hondarider,

It looks like the racing slots are sold out. You can attend as a spectator. I know the organizers well and would welcome anyone to come and check it out.

·
Registered
1,016 Posts
Nice! I'm sure you'll do great. You seem to spend a lot of attention to detail so I'm sure you're dicipline enough to do well. Looking forward to the videos.

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter #134
Well if you did it my way with all the upgrades it's kind of expensive, around 6k. If I had to just a swap an engine that worked but nothing else it would be about 2k-2.5k.

·
Registered
856 Posts
That's not too bad actually. So engine with computer and harness? Did you have to change out the transmission or was the insight one compatible? I'm assuming the drive shafts were necessary because of how it's positioned and it would be kinda weak with the 4 banger.

·
Super Moderator
5,080 Posts
Did you read the thread? It's all there, with pictures. Summary in Post #1.

Sam

·
Registered
856 Posts
I have been through the thread before. I know he did change the transmission out. My question was is the Insight transmission compatible with the K20. $2500 seems pretty cheap for an engine swap since I thought you'd have to change out the exhaust, intake, harness, computer, transmission and cv shafts.

·
Registered
856 Posts
You mentioned that you would sell anything that was listed in here. I bet a few people would be interested if you custom made those engine and transmission brackets that fit the setup in so much better and you could probably do it a hair cheaper than the $450 they tend to run.

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter #139
HondaRider,

I have thought out making the mounts available but those are really one of the last things on my list to make. They take a lot of work to produce and there is really not much profit to be had if I made them nice like I want to. Hasport is suppose to make some mounts at some point here and I will make the rest of the components I designed available on my website at Professionalawesome.com.

121 - 140 of 158 Posts