I've been meaning to create a thread for my Insight for a while. Finally getting around to doing so. This thread will document modifications and share photos of whatever adventures it endures and how it does. I also don't want to spam the "What did you do to your G1 Insight?"
thread too much.
Quick recap: Found this car on the IC classifieds out of boredom, ended up flying to Washington state to purchase it from the original owner, and drove it home to Delaware. Even took it up and down Pikes Peak.
Here are progress links of what I've done so far since purchasing the Insight:
- Sep. 22, 2021 - '97-01 Prelude radio, removed rear bumper and tail lights for cleaning
- Sep. 23, 2021 - rear wheelwell, rear beam cleaning
- Sep. 29, 2021 - window trim painted, RSX shift knob, cleaned dipstick, ATE Typ 200 brake fluid
- Oct. 6, 2021 - wetsanded/polished headlights, LED dome and map lights, BT radio module
- Oct. 9, 2021 - liftgate (Insight, HYBRID, H) and quarter window (ULEV) stickers
- Oct. 16, 2021 - exterior and engine bay detail
Modification list as of January 2023:
- OEM block heater, installed when new.
- One-off polar fleece tartan seat covers made by the previous owner
- RSX base optional aluminum shift knob
- full-size spare using factory Insight wheel
- LED bulbs in dome and map lights
- Fumoto oil drain valve
- GAZ rear shocks
- Calpod switch made by Natalya
- Scott's upgraded aluminum belly panel
- Kenwood KFC-1666R speakers, front and rear
- '04-06 rear speaker brackets
- Scott's upgraded springs, front and rear
- Isaac's +40% hack
- Upgraded front axles (Trakmotive HO-8446/HO-8447)
- Rebuilt transmission by Isaac at Jue Motors
- 3M Crystalline tint: 70% on the windshield and side windows, 50% on liftgate
- OEM RHD double-DIN radio trim
- Sony XAV-AX 1000 headunit
- LiBCM (RevD board) w/ 5AhG3 48S: 18S-, 18S-, 12S+
- Cut WHT/GRN wire on DCDC